Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jersey Boys


Today, my daughter and I, we went to see the Jersey Boys, the story of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons.
We always enjoy when it's live performance!
Jersey Boys tells us the story of how four guys from the Garden State became The Four Seasons, one of the biggest American pop act of the early 1960's.
The musical has the different band members recount their version of the story directly to the audience. This gives the show a documentary style, that when punctuated by musical numbers gets the audience to participate in singing along with the artists. From "Earth Angel" to "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", we were both there singing along with the band.
Even though I'm the one that was a teenager in the 60's, my daughter was the one that was more in tune with the lyrics!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds you had a great time both of you. How great.

    But I'm surprised to know that you were a teenager in the 60's, how come??????
    I was a pre-schooler in the mid 80s... (see comments in my blog in TO - 03/02)

    Love you, have a nice weekend.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... I forgot... take care with what you're going to say.....
    Mother is the one who's right about ages....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete