Friday, May 11, 2012

A Robin's Nest

For some reason that I can not explain, I have always been very found  of the Robins. People complain that they come into their backyards looking for worms and that they are simply "pests".
 Not me...
After a long Winter, when I see for the first time a Robin jumping around on my backyard, I feel so happy the good weather is coming, that over the years the Robin has become a symbol not only of good weather but of "New Beginnings".
As so, when my son came in announcing that we had a Robin's nest on our evergreen, beside the front door, to me it was a sign of new beginnings!
Three beautiful blue eggs that are being watched, this time not only by the parents, but by all of us....
Every time anyone of us goes in or out the door, our first  concern is the safety of the nest (I know that one of us has been watching the black cat, that comes around once in a while, to make sure that he doesn't get too close to the nest).
New Beginnings....
Although at different life stages, we are all going through new beginnings...
Having the Robins' trust to build a nest right at our front door has given me the strength  to believe that everything is alright, that we are all on the right path....

Three beautiful blue eggs that have hatched, giving place to three beautiful baby robins that soon will be flying away announcing that the good weather is on the way!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and as per usual with such a beautiful writting.
    Indeed it's like a sign..... I believe it
    Waiting for another post...

    Love you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete